ABB has won a contract with Guangzhou Shipyard International Ltd for supplying a full scope of integrated solutions for P&O Ferries’ two new vessels.
News most read
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Ferries and Cruises
Corvus Energy has been selected by Holland Ship Electric to supply lithium ion battery-based energy storage systems for five new all-electric ferries being built by Holland Shipyard Group for Amsterdam’s municipal public transport provider, GVB.
Wight Shipyard Co has achieved a UK first by building four ferries simultaneously at its yard in Cowes, Isle of Wight, for a leading Maltese tour operator.
With the help of celebrity partners past and present, Carnival Cruise Line has announced that its next Excel-class ship arriving in 2022 to coincide with its 50th birthday celebration will be named “Carnival Celebration”.
The float out of MSC Seashore has taken place at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy.
MSC Grandiosa has become the first ship from the MSC Cruises fleet to welcome guests back onboard and the first ship to implement the company’s health and safety protocol.