The Port of Tyne welcomed almost 1,000 visiting passengers and over 500 crew onboard Spirit of Discovery as it embarks upon her maiden voyage.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Ferries and Cruises
BMT has announced the signing of a contract for two new 43 metre high-speed, passenger Fast Ferries for Kitsap Transit, with an option for a third to be added to this vessel fleet.
Hurtigruten’s hybrid-powered MS Roald Amundsen made maritime history as the first cruise ship in the world to sail purely on battery power.
The installation of decking solutions from Dutch company Bolidt aboard one of the largest cruise ships ever to be built in Germany has received a royal seal of approval, after King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands witnessed a contract signing at the Rostock facilities of yard group MV Werften.
The Hong Kong Cruise and Yacht Industry Association has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Voyager Risk Solutions Ltd to support its risk and insurance management services for superyachts, with full-scale professional solutions that are expected to promote its upcoming initiatives in the development of the yacht and tourism industries in the Greater Bay Area.
Royal Caribbean International has announced that one of Asia’s largest and most revolutionary ships, Quantum of the Seas, will add a new homeporting season in Singapore, sailing in the region until April 2021.