- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
- Massive private investments in port of Antwerp
- SCA Logistics Terminal inaugurated at Port of Kiel's Ostuferhafen
- ISS expands European business with Team Tankers International
Ferries and Cruises
On 7th February 2018, Wightlink’s new environmentally-friendly ferry Victoria of Wight went down the slipway at the Cemre shipyard in Yalova, Turkey, to cheers from Wightlink staff and hundreds of shipyard workers. She will become the company’s flagship on the Portsmouth-Fishbourne route.
Survitec has been awarded the contract to provide rescue boats and safety equipment for several new Ponant cruise vessels set to be delivered in 2018.
VARD Holdings Limited, one of the major global designers and shipbuilders of specialised vessels, is pleased to announce that it has secured a contract for the construction of one car- and passenger ferry for Boreal in Norway.
Irish Continental Group plc has recently entered into an agreement, with the German company Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesselschaft & Co.KG, whereby FSG has agreed to build a cruise ferry for ICG at a contract price of €165.2 million. Upon completion, it will be the largest cruise ferry in the world in terms of vehicle capacity.