UK DOCKS has continued to invest in its Teesside ship repair facility with the purchase of two Nelcon dockside cranes from the Port of Workington.
News most read
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
Ports and Harbours
Ports throughout Europe have been hit hard by the current Covid-19 pandemic. This can be seen clearly in the recently published volume statistics from Europe’s largest ports. They are also feeling the knock-on effect of cancelled calls – in many cases up to 30 per cent. In contrast, the Port of Gothenburg has increased its container volume, there have been no cancelled calls, and none are planned.
Odfjell has announced that Odfjell Terminals (China) Pte. Ltd (OTC) has completed a sale of its 50% shareholding of Odfjell Terminals (Dalian) Co Ltd. (OTD) to VTTI Terminals I BV, a subsidiary of VTTI group, for a total cash consideration of USD 59 million.
The Port of Tyne has announced it will be the first UK port to join the Connected Ports Partnership.
Virgin Voyages, the new lifestyle and travel brand delivering vacations in cruising, hit the seas with a splash as its first ship, Scarlet Lady, was launched by Sir Richard Branson in Dover, England.
As part of “The Digital Schelde” project, Proximus will develop a private 5G network that can be a driving factor for innovation and digital transformation in the Antwerp port.