- Fjord Line opts for Austal Ships to build new catamaran ferry
- SGS group orders advanced ballast water monitoring kits as countries look to enforce compliance
- A&P Tyne’s Hebburn Yard Hits Construction Milestone for New Polar Research Vessel RRS Sir David Attenborough
- Milaha Launches Regular Reefer Service Between Qatar and Turkey
- Damen launches free dredge calculator
- Nakilat and Shell complete first phase of LNG carrier management transition programme
- Dubai Maritime Agenda 2017 brings together maritime leaders to explore future of industry
- Admiral Vidal Francisco Soberón Sanz takes part in a symbolic coin ceremony at Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
- New Harbor Commission President Sets Priorities
- Global marine group secures cable contract for rampion offshore wind farm
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
A major feat of engineering takes place on 21st August as the stern section of the new polar research ship for Britain, the RRS Sir David Attenborough, leaves A&P Tyne’s Hebburn shipyard, part of A&P Group, for Cammell Laird in Birkenhead.
Harbour tugs with 90-tonne bollard pull to be powered for the first time by high-speed diesel engines: MTU will deliver to Sanmar Shipyards.
Sentinel Marine has secured two new contracts bringing the Aberdeen-headquartered firm’s contract wins to a total of £26.4 million since January this year.
Following deliveries of crew transfer boats and other ProZero workboats to Norway, Tuco Marine has now concluded the delivery of a 15m high-pressure cleaning boat to AKVA Group, also located in Norway.
‘A robust and competitive shipbuilding industry is an important contributor to a nation’s Comprehensive National Power’.