On 13th June 2018, the naming ceremony of the newly-built Damen tugs Rotterdam and Beagle took place in the Port of Rotterdam, during Kotug Smit Towage’s annual ‘Maatjes-party’ (Herring with friends, a traditional Dutch event to mark the beginning of the herring season).
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Seaspan Shipyards and the Government of Canada have announced that work will begin soon on the Joint Support Ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
Last year Stena (Stena Line’s parent company) announced a new build contract for a new generation of RoPax ferry vessels, Stena E-Flexer, with planned deliveries during 2020 and 2021.
Louisiana-based shipbuilder Metal Shark has acquired the assets of Alabama-based Horizon Shipbuilding.
Rolls-Royce has received an extensive supply order from Spain’s Astilleros Gondan shipyard for the design, propulsion and auxiliary machinery systems for what has been dubbed one of the world’s most advanced fishing vessels.
Damen Verolme Rotterdam (DVR) has completed a refit project on the MPI Enterprise, a 120-metre, self-elevating, DP2, wind turbine installation vessel owned and operated by MPI Offshore, part of the Vroon Group.