On 10th December, Damen sales manager Sjoerd de Bruin signed a contract with Port Nelson CEO Martin Byrne in New Zealand. Damen will deliver an ASD Tug 2411 to Port Nelson in support of the port’s expansion strategy.
News most read
- Royal IHC secures TSHD order from Uruguay
- Boskalis wins innovation Award with Multi-Purpose Vessels Ndeavor and Ndurance
- PortNews to hold fourth International Forum of Dredging Companies
- Damen Dredging Equipment Officially Opens Offices After Comprehensive Refit
- Ports in Support of Designating North Sea and Baltic Sea as Nitrogen Emission Control Areas
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
NYK has signed long-term contracts with Diamond Gas International Pte. Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, for DGI to charter from NYK three newly built LNG carriers.
Seaspan Shipyards has announced the commencement of refit work on the CCGS Sir Wilfrid Laurier for the Canadian Coast Guard.
Damen’s first Fishing Seminar success as new leasing fund welcomed by South African fishing community
Damen’s first Fishing Seminar, held in Cape Town, was heralded a great success, with more than 60 participants attending from a broad cross-section of the industry, including the five major South African fishing companies.
Rolls-Royce and Finnish state-owned ferry operator Finferries have recently successfully demonstrated the world’s first fully autonomous ferry in the archipelago south of the city of Turku, Finland.
Leading Mexican offshore contractor Naviera Integral has signed a contract with the Damen Shipyards Group for the delivery of a new Fast Crew Supplier FCS 5009 for delivery in 2019.