The 45’ x 18’4” passenger ferry, Hat Island Ferry, has recently entered service for the community of Hat Island, Washington.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Ferries and Cruises
Demand for longer term repair and maintenance framework relationships from ferry operators is increasing as the sector prepares to recover from Covid, according to Cammell Laird.
ABB has secured a landmark contract with Spanish shipbuilder Astilleros Gondán to supply an all-electric power solution for fast 40-meter urban passenger ferries transporting up to 540 passengers each across Lisbon’s Tagus river.
This summer, Royal Caribbean International guests can soak up the Mediterranean sun and explore the captivating coastlines of Greece and Cyprus on all-new 7-night cruises departing from Limassol, Cyprus.
The all-new foiling Candela P-30, the world’s fastest all-electric passenger ship, will hit Stockholm’s waterways in 2022, shuttling passengers to and from the archipelago above the waves without wakes, noise and CO2 emissions.
Maine ferry operator Casco Bay Lines has committed to an integrated hybrid-electric power and propulsion solution from ABB for its new vessel, in a technology step change along one of the longest-established ferry routes in the United States.