CRN, the historic shipyard and Ferretti Group brand, has announced the signing of a contract for a new custom 52-metre full-aluminium yacht, the yard’s hull number 142.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
In the midst of the most challenging global pandemic, The SMS Group, headquartered in Southampton, has both adapted and expanded.
ABB will supply an integrated power system package that will ensure the world’s largest and most technologically advanced diamond recovery vessel meets exceptional safety, efficiency, and availability requirements.
In response to a brief from Falmouth firm, Seawide Services to augment and futureproof its current fleet of high-speed work platforms, Penryn-based naval architect, Jack Gifford Marine Design Studio (JGMDS) has designed the 15m workcat, Obervargh – the Cornish word for ‘work horse.’
PIRIOU awarded contract by the French Defence Procurement Agency DGA for the purchase of 20 harbour and coastal tugs
The French Defence Procurement Agency DGA has awarded shipbuilder PIRIOU a contract to supply a series of twenty 30 tonnes tugs including 15 harbour tugs -RP30- and 5 harbour and coastal tugs -RPC30- involving a firm order for four units and several optional orders including the related maintenance services.
SMS delivers a 24m new build aquaculture workboat for a Maltese fish farm specialist operator.