Damen Yichang Shipyard in China has hosted a steel cutting ceremony with a difference. As a result of safety measures surrounding the global COVID-19 outbreak, the occasion of first steel cut for a Damen RoPax Ferry 6716 for the Government of Timor-Leste was marked by a digital gathering.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- aqua-tools to urge tanker owners to assess treated ballast water
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
Damen Shipyards Group has signed a contract with Forth Ports Limited for an ASD Tug 2312.
Abu Dhabi Ports has announced its collaboration with a global commercial vessel designer and tugboat leader, Robert Allan Ltd., to develop the world’s first fully unmanned autonomous commercial marine tugs.
Damen Shipyards Group has signed a contract with London construction services provider Walsh for a CS2010 pusher tug from Concordia Damen.
Onboard HMS Prince of Wales, Babcock has celebrated the engineering achievement and national endeavours of those that contributed to the delivery of the Queen Elizabeth-class carrier programme.
Damen Oskarshamnsvarvet in Sweden has won the public tender for a contract to undertake a major life extension programme on the survey and research vessel S/V Ocean Surveyor, owned by SGU, Sweden’s national geological survey agency.