Austal has delivered its second high speed crew transfer vessel of 2016, to Swire Pacific Offshore (SPO). The 57.6m all-aluminium catamaran was designed by Incat Crowther and constructed by Austal’s shipyard in the Philippines. It is the fourth offshore crew transfer vessel delivered by Austal in the past 15 months.
News most read
- ClassNK releases guidelines for Direct Load Analysis and Strength Assessment
- Mobil SHC Aware Gear Series oils secure additional thruster manufacturer approval
- Ports of Bremen and Bremerhaven sign up to Arctic commitment
- First passenger ferry to receive Cummins QSK95 Propulsion Power
- Meercat launches workhorse M18
Shipyards and Shipbuilding
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) has confirmed that the ABS-classed Ethane Crystal is the world’s first Very Large Ethane Carrier (VLEC),
Delivered to owner India’s Reliance Industries Ltd. by Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) of South Korea, the Ethane Crystal is the first of six VLECs to be delivered with ABS Class through 2017.
Rolls-Royce has signed a contract worth about £25 million with the ship building company Kleven in Norway for design and ship equipment to two new polar cruise vessels. The contract between Kleven and Rolls-Royce follows the conversion of a letter of intent into a firm contract signed between Kleven and Hurtigruten.
Feadship has announced its intention to build a giant new construction and refit facility in the heart of Amsterdam. In 2019, the trendy Western harbour area of the Dutch capital will be home to the fourth Feadship facility.